Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hereafter

‘Hereafter’ is the latest film directed by Clint Eastwood, who in recent years directed ‘Invictus’, ‘Gran Torino’, ‘Changeling’, ‘Mystic River’, and Best Picture winner ‘Million Dollar Baby’.  The film stars Matt Damon and Bryce Dallas Howard, and is about three seemingly unrelated storylines that share the common themes of death and the afterlife.  Now, I realize that sounds like it could be scary and suspenseful, especially since it’s opening a week before Halloween, but it’s neither scary nor suspenseful.  It’s also not very engaging.  It IS, however, very, very slooooow.  Now, the last thing I need is to have Dirty Harry upset with me, so Clint, if you’re reading this, please forgive me for what I’m about to say, but I’m not a big fan of this film.  And although I’ve been hearing some Oscar buzz and it may get some nominations, I don’t think the public is going to embrace ‘Hereafter’ now, or in the hereafter.
Grade:  C

2 comments:

  1. Total bummer because the previews are really selling it. Also, nice play on words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad to hear this about the film because I was rooting for Clint Eastwood on this. I was upset because I thought Gran Torino was a great flick but got snubbed. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the man.

    ReplyDelete