Friday, February 18, 2011

I Am Number Four


Alex Pettyfur stars in this science fiction action film as an alien disguised as a high school student who is being hunted by an evil enemy.  There are only nine of his species remaining, and they are being hunted in order of their number.  One through Three have already been killed.  He is Number Four.

I wasn't familiar with almost anyone in this fresh faced cast.  I've never seen Pettyfur before, and I'm not particularly fond of him now that I have.  The supporting cast includes 'Justified's Timothy Olyphant who is generally a pretty interesting character actor, Dianna Agron from 'Glee', and Teresa Palmer who doesn't have much screen time but really gives the film the burst of energy it needed whenever she showed up.  I wish she was in more of it.

Basically, the film felt like watching a bad episode of 'Heroes'.  And with a less interesting cast.  It's based on the first book of a planned six book series.  I sure hope I don't have to sit through five sequels, and I suspect I won't.  To be fair, I suspect I'm older than the target demographic.  So it may be fun for the teens since it has young, attractive faces and doesn't require any thought.  But if you're over 21 you probably want to steer clear of this one.  It's closer to number two than number four, if you know what I mean.

Grade: D

No comments:

Post a Comment