Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Killers


Ashton Kutcher plays a slick assassin for the CIA who falls in love with Katherine Heigl and decides he wants to retire and just be a regular guy.  And Tom Selleck and Catherine O'Hara play Heigl's doting parents.

I've avoided this film for quite a while because I heard negative things, but I actually completely disagree with those reviews.  This movie is surprisingly a lot of fun.  It's a great action comedy that actually has great action and great comedy.  And even though that sounds like it should be obvious, not many action comedies actually follow through with that promise.  And I'm surprised to say I really like the cast.  I always think I don't like Kutcher, but more often than not he's really very entertaining.  And I don't think I've ever liked Heigl before, but I enjoyed her performance in this one.  And a great score by Rolfe Kent really energizes the film.

This is a fun guilty pleasure worth checking out on DVD and Blu-Ray for some mindless entertainment.  Watch it back to back with 'Knight and Day' for double your rogue CIA assassin pleasure.

Grade: B+

1 comment:

  1. Does Katherine Heigl play the same character she always plays in movies? I have no reason, but I just don't really care for her.

    ReplyDelete