Friday, March 18, 2011

Limitless

What would happen if you came across a pill that could make you smart?  I mean really smart.  Off-the-charts smart!  Bradley Cooper finds out in this exciting thriller.  He starts out as a struggling writer living in a dump trying to make ends meet.  But when he runs into his ex-brother-in-law, he is offered a mysterious pill which he is initially hesitant to try.  But once he does, his whole life changes.  Robert DeNiro has a supporting role as a corporate tycoon.  It's kind of a different part for DeNiro and I think it was a smart choice for him to accept a small supporting role against type.  It gives him a little more street cred than just playing a cop, mobster, and Focker-in-law over and over.

By the way, the film takes place in New York, but many scenes were filmed in Philadelphia, Bradley Cooper's home town, and he was at my screening followed by a great Q&A.

Aside from the premise, there's nothing revolutionary about the movie, but it is definitely a fun, exciting, fast paced ride from start to finish, and probably my favorite film of the year so far.

Grade: A

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised by your high rating because I wasn't too impressed by the previews. I have two fandango tickets from living social, so I'll have to go to the movie theater at least once this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you say this - I like the idea! And I enjoyed the trailer... looks like we'll have to watch this one.

    ReplyDelete