Friday, June 17, 2011

The Trip


I already reviewed this when I returned from the Tribeca Film Festival last month, and since I don't really have anything more to add, I'll just repeat what I already said:

British funnymen Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon play themselves in this abridged compilation of the 6 episode series from the UK, where they embark on a road trip throughout Europe as food critics, all the while exchanging witty repartee and competing in bringing the funny.  In typical British fashion, the humor is dry, but it's often a riot, particularly during the many scenes where they face off with their impressions.  If there's one thing funnier than a great impressionist, it's two great impressionists competing and it just doesn't get much better than duelling Michael Caine's.

It's now in limited release, so look for it because it's one of the best films of the year so far.  (I'm even upgrading it from an A-)

Grade: A

1 comment:

  1. Steve Coogan's BBC comedies are some of my favorite things ever.

    I'm Alan Partridge and Saxondale are so great.

    ReplyDelete