Friday, August 12, 2011

The Guard


I reviewed this film already after seeing it at the TriBeCa film festival in April.  I haven't had a chance to revisit it or form any new thoughts, so I'll just repeat what I already said:

Fans of 'In Bruges' rejoice!  The writer and director of that film executive produced this one, which was written and directed by his brother.  And they clearly have the same eye for dark humor and casting.  Brendan Gleeson is back playing a quirky policeman in Galway, who teams up with an American played by Don Cheadle to track down some drug dealing killers.  The dark comedy tone is done just right, like in 'Bruges'.  If you like British crime drama and dark comedy, be sure to check it out.

The film sat well with me over the last few months and I look forward to seeing it again so I'm going to upgrade to ...

Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment