Friday, October 28, 2011

Anonymous


Was William Shakespeare really responsible for the plays that bear his name?  This film tells the conspiracy theorist version.

Unfortunately I can't really offer a proper review on this one.  It's long and there are lots of characters, several who look and sound similar, and lots of dialogue and it's a kind of hard to follow, particularly if you're not completely awake.  And I wasn't.  To be fair, I need to see it again.  But I do think it's smart that the studio decided at the last minute to change it from wide release to limited.  This is not a film for mainstream audiences.  It's not as easily appreciable as 'Shakespeare in Love'.  This one's for the art house crowd.  It may be quite good, but I'm just not sure at this time.

Grade (for now): B

No comments:

Post a Comment