Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Arthur Christmas


I don't have much more to say about this one that I didn't already say when I panned 'Happy Feet 2'.  I just don't understand why animated films are generally so lame these days.  (I did like 'Rio' this year and 'Tangled' and 'Toy Story 3' last year so I'm not completely down on the genre, but there's definitely more bad than good.)  But this one is particularly disappointing because we only get two Christmas films this year.  (Thankfully 'A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas' is a winner and potentially a future Christmas classic.)  But this story about Santa, his Elf military operation, and a young descendant named Arthur who helps save Christmas, is totally disappointing.  I had a sinking feeling when it opened with a music video of Justin Bieber covering 'Santa Claus is Comin' to Town'.  Wow.  Painful, just painful.

Grade: D

2 comments:

  1. I gave it a D from the trailer alone. I agree, bad year for Christmas flicks - that Jack & Jill looks asinine!

    ReplyDelete