Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Most Overrated and Most Underseen Films of 2011

Have you ever noticed that certain movies generate a lot of attention and critical praise, yet they really aren't that good?  They're not necessarily bad movies, but just overrated.  Well, here's my chance to call these out.

Most Overrated Films of 2011:
  1. War Horse
  2. Drive
  3. Tree of Life (Sure, I do realize this is on my honorable mention list, but it's also overrated.)
  4. Fast Five
  5. Hanna
  6. Albert Nobbs
  7. The Lady
  8. Hugo
  9. J. Edgar
  10. My Week with Marilyn
  11. The Iron Lady
  12. Warrior
  13. Arthur Christmas
  14. The Muppets


And what about those movies that no one saw or even heard of but were actually pretty decent?  These aren't the best films of the year, but each of them has moments of greatness and are perfect for those of you who like discovering films on DVD or VOD.

Most Underseen yet Decent Films of 2011:
  1. The Big Bang
  2. Red State
  3. Super
  4. Trust
  5. The Other Woman
  6. Beautiful Boy
  7. The Music Never Stopped
  8. Every Day
  9. The Devil's Double
  10. Grave Encounters
  11. Black Death
  12. Ironclad
  13. Good Neighbors
  14. The Perfect Host
  15. Wrecked
  16. I Melt with You
  17. London Boulevard
  18. The Future
  19. Passion Play
  20. In Her Skin
  21. Burning Palms

2 comments:

  1. I agree with alot of your Overrated list. Some really good choices on your Underseen list. I particularly liked Black Death, The Music Never Stopped, Red State, Good Neighbors and The Devil's Double, all of which I saw on the big screen. Another catergory could be great films that I wish more people would have seen: The Way, Margin Call and The Guard come to mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wholeheartedly agree. But since they're on my Best list, hopefully some of my many, many readers will give them a chance!

    ReplyDelete