Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kill List


Now available on Video on Demand, this film which played many prestigious festivals over the last year, begins as your typical British crime film, reminiscent of 'Sexy Beast', with those to-be-expected semi-unintelligible accents (of which I'm actually a fan because it makes for fun repeat viewings).  But just when you think you have it pegged, the film takes off in an unexpected direction.

I'm pleased to say that many of the films premiering on Video on Demand prior to their limited theatrical release are surprisingly good, and in fact better than the major studio releases in theaters.  These films are generally less mainstream and less cookie-cutter, and you get to watch them in the privacy of your own home for $10 or less.  I love that.  And while this movie isn't perfect, I love any film that takes you on a ride you don't see coming.  It's violent, creepy, and a bit hard to follow.  My kind of movie.

Grade: B+

1 comment:

  1. I saw this film back in October at the Philadelphia Film Festival. I had high hopes for it going in, but it didn't live up to them. I would have to give it a C, a little slow at times, and the end really threw me for a loop.

    ReplyDelete