Sunday, January 1, 2012

State of the Blog


Happy New Year!  I figured I'd start the year off with a 'State of the Blog' keeping you up to date on all things 'Flieder on Film' and 'Flieder's Flicks'.

2011 was a busy year.  I published 319 posts on this blog offering my thoughts on around 270 films released in 2011, as well as my weekly list of what to see in theaters, ranked from best to worst.  I also posted my regular Friday morning appearances on Good Day on FOX 35 in Orlando.  To date I've been on there 64 times.

I also became a member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association this year.  This is truly an honor, as the BFCA is the largest film critics organization in the U.S. and Canada, with a little over 250 TV, radio, and online critics.  You can check out my profile by clicking here:

As a member of the BFCA, I am now a voter of the Critics Choice Awards, which airs live on Thursday, January 12th on VH1.  I'll be attending the show in person and I encourage you to watch it.  Unlike the voters of the Oscars, my colleagues in the BFCA actually see pretty much everything released.  So who better to select the truly best films and performances of the year?

If you like this blog, and you want me to continue providing totally free, ad-free movie reviews and content, then I would certainly appreciate if you'd become a follower. Just click the button on the right hand side of the page.  (You may have to set up a free account, but it's easy!)  Don't worry, I won't be able to track you thereafter.  But I'd love to know how many people are regular readers.  I can tell you I've gotten over 27,250 page views and around 20% of those come from outside the U.S.  (The U.K., Germany, Canada, Australia, and Russia are my top 5 outside of the U.S.)  So that's not bad.  But more would be nice.  And to that end, I'm changing the settings a bit to display only the latest post on the main page.  That way you'll have to click for each post individually.  We'll see how that works out.

I also encourage you to become a Twitter follower.  Unlike most tweeters, I only tweet movie reviews.  You won't have to hear about the delicious sandwich I just ate, or where I'm visiting, or any other trivialities from my life.  But you will get a 140 character or less movie review with a link to my full review.  Again, just click the button on the right hand side and set up a free Twitter account.

And finally I encourage you to 'Like' my Facebook page.  Now, I won't lie to you, I haven't set up anything on it.  Quite frankly it's a terrible Facebook page.  But it'll only take 30 seconds of your life and if I get enough 'Like's I'll start putting up content.  So just click here and press 'Like'.

As always, thank you for reading.  (Particular thanks go out to CK, Taralyn, TMcGPhilly, The Martins, food-ie mike, and tinseltine.com for their regular comments.)  And as always, I encourage all feedback, positive and negative. 

And now, let a new year of movies begin ...

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Fliederific! Since my family bases most (if not all) of its movie watching decisions on your analysis, please keep on blogging and educating us lesser cinephiles! Absolutely love your stuff. Thanks for shout out in your State of the Blog! We'll always be loyal fans of Flieder on Film...

    ReplyDelete