Friday, June 8, 2012

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted


When I started as a film critic, it was never my intention to regularly trash films.  That's just not something I particularly enjoy.  I understand that studios invest a lot of money on them, and lots of people put a lot of time into them, and that I'm lucky to have the opportunity to see them for free in advance to review them.  But I just don't get animated comedies like this one.  Of course I'm significantly older than the target demographic, but I didn't find it remotely entertaining.  So is it me or is it the movie?  I still love the Disney classics I grew up with like 'The Jungle Book'.  I also like most of the Pixar films, and even a bad Pixar like 'Cars 2' is still better than this.  I actually walked out halfway through and I almost never do that.  Now, this isn't to say that your child won't like it.  They probably will.  But I didn't.  And I can't understand why any adult would.

Grade: D

No comments:

Post a Comment