Friday, June 15, 2012

Safety Not Guaranteed

 

I love movies that are different, and original, and take you along for a ride where you don't know where you're going.  And this film is a good example of that.

Aubrey Plaza plays an intern at a newspaper who pursues a story about a mysterious classified ad:

"Wanted:  Someone to go back in time with me.  This is not a joke.  You'll get paid after we get back.  Must bring your own weapons.  I have only done this once before.  Safety Not Guaranteed."

I love it.  It's another clever film produced by the Duplass Brothers and starring Mark Duplass (the MVP of 2012).  If you liked 'Jeff, Who Loves at Home' or have been fortunate enough to see and enjoy the soon to be released 'Your Sister's Sister', then this one's for you.  Though, I must admit it's not quite as good as those.  And I say that to set your expectations reasonably, but you should see it anyway.

Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment