Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Deadfall


These days, some of the best films premiere on Video On Demand.  And I can't think of a better example than 'Deadfall'.  I saw it in April at the Tribeca Film Festival and have eagerly awaited its release to recommend it to others.  Though I easily could have missed it at the festival, because when I saw it in the program guide it didn't jump out at me.  The ensemble cast is made up of competent actors, none of which were previously on my must see list:  Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde, Sissy Spacek, Kris Kristofferson, Kate Mara, Treat Williams.  Yet, in the film, they're all fantastic, as are the locations, the cinematography, and the action scenes.  And that's the sign of a great director, Stefan Ruzowitzky.  It all comes together perfectly.  'Deadfall' is an exciting, violent, sexy, action packed crime thriller set in an atmospheric blizzard, that packs a heck of a lot in a scant 95 minutes, and features a stand out performance by Eric Bana.  It's one of the best performances in one of my favorite movies of the year, and it's perfect for Thanksgiving weekend.  You can see it right now at home on VOD, or beginning December 7 in limited release in theaters.

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment