Friday, January 4, 2013

A Dark Truth

 
 
What's this?   Andy Garcia and Forest Whitaker in a film I haven't heard anything about, premiering on Video on Demand?  Sound intriguing?  Well, don't make the same mistake I did and pay $9.99 for this bore-fest about a CIA agent-turned-radio-talk-show-host who comes out of retirement for a high paying job in South America.  Despite the talented cast, there's really nothing positive I can say about this movie.  It's painfully dull from start to finish.  And I'm having real concerns about what Mr. Garcia is doing with his career.  He's one of the most talented actors in Hollywood, and yet with the exception of 'City Island', hasn't made a good film in five years.  (Fingers crossed for an Ocean's sequel!)
 
The real dark truth here is that my first film of 2013 was a painful experience and I can only hope it's not a harbinger of a really bad year of film to come.
 
Grade: D-

No comments:

Post a Comment