Friday, June 21, 2013

World War Z


Just when you thought you were zombie-d out and couldn't handle one more apocalypse film ... think again! 

Brad Pitt stars as a man on a mission to find the source of the sudden worldwide zombie outbreak in hopes of finding a cure.  Sure, we've seen it all before, but this one grabs hold of you right from the start and doesn't let go.  It's the most realistic and therefore frightening zombie movie I've seen.  Call it 'Contagion' meets '28 Days Later' with the tone and feel of 'Signs'. 

Now, I haven't read the book, and I'm hearing the film is somewhat different and fans of the book may be disappointed in some ways.  So be wary of that.  But for me, the movie was tremendous.  It's gripping and terrifying from start to finish.  In fact, my heart is still pounding as I write this.  Don't watch the trailer.  Don't read about it.  Just go see it.

Grade: A+

2 comments:

  1. You are totally right on with this one!! I will admit I honestly did not care for the preview which made me skeptical when my Fiance' said she wanted to go see it this afternoon. Had I not read your review I would've told her to go on without me!! World War Z keeps you on the edge of your seat all the way to the end!! As always thanks for your good reviews on movies!! Your my favorite and only critic that I ever take seriously you always seem to be spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed it in 3D! A solid B, but the ending was completely blase'

    ReplyDelete