Sunday, January 26, 2014

Run & Jump


Will Forte plays a doctor who travels to Ireland to stay with a family in disarray due to the husband suffering a stroke.

I'd love to be able to recommend this film because it's heartfelt, well intentioned, well acted, and well shot.  But even more so because I've met Will Forte in person twice over the last four months and he's surely the nicest man in Hollywood.  But unfortunately I can't.  It just never comes to life and I wasn't pulled in by it no matter how much I wanted to be.  Though I am happy to say that 13 out of the 14 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are positive, so other critics are seeing something in it that I'm not.  Maybe I missed something here and should revisit it later in the year.

'Run & Jump' is now available in the comfort of your own home on Video on Demand.

Grade: C

Who is this movie for?  Those who can appreciate a slow, quiet, heartfelt indie drama with a touch of romance, set in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment