Sunday, January 26, 2014

Wrong Cops


Quirky cops do bad things in this God-awful film by writer/director Quentin Dupieux, who made the cult followed 'Rubber', about a tire with telepathic powers, and the wonderfully offbeat 'Wrong'.  This one, however, is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  There's not even an accidental moment of value in this horrible, horrible movie.  It's a 2013 release and now gets the honor to be added to the very top of my Worst Films of 2013 blog.  Now, if only I could get that $6.99 and 82 minutes of my life back ...

'Wrong Cops' is now available on Video on Demand should you choose to make a very poor decision.  But don't say I didn't warn you.

Grade: F

Who is this movie for?  Complete idiots.  And those who loved the awful Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie (which also features Eric Wareheim) and don't mind seeing something even worse!

3 comments:

  1. I was going to check this out but I will pass now. I see that it replaces your previous top pick for Worst Film of the Year, the Academy Award nominated The Wind Rises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a no-brainer as the worst film of 2013. And yes, I was well aware that 'The Wind Rises' would likely be nominated for Best Animated Film when I proclaimed it the previous worst film of 2013. But that's how I roll here. I call it as I see it. And as I see it Japanese Anime sucks and all looks like 'Speed Racer' to me, and I just couldn't pay attention to it. Maybe I'll try and revisit 'The Wind Rises' one more time.

      Delete
  2. Yep, I like that you put The Wind Rises as your worst movie of the year. It sounds like it would be boring and I agree with you about the look of those movies. Part of me is curious to see it since its on every award shows list but not enough to waste 2 hours of my time on it.

    ReplyDelete