Saturday, March 29, 2014

Barefoot


Scott Speedman plays your stereotypical love 'em and leave 'em ladies man.  But when he needs to find a date to take home to his rich mommy and daddy for his brother's wedding, he ends up with a seemingly mentally ill patient from the hospital he works in, played by Evan Rachel Wood.  And let me tell you, if you are tragically cursed with mental illness in this world, I hope to God you look like Evan Rachel Wood, because no one will treat you with the patience and help that she gets in this film.  It's totally phony.  And the realist in me says it's way too phony to be good.  But I honestly couldn't help but be won over by how sweet this romance is, perhaps largely due to the cast.  Evan Rachel Wood and Scott Speedman should both be way more famous than they are.  They're both beautiful, both great actors, and both very compelling.  And the supporting cast includes the always amazing J.K. Simmons and Treat Williams.  Frankly I liked this movie a hell of a lot more than I feel I should have (and certainly should admit to.)

'Barefoot' is now available on Video on Demand.

Grade: B+  (but I kind of want to give it an A-.  Maybe I'll upgrade it.)

Who is this movie for?  Those that enjoy a sweet romance with a great cast, even if it is more than a little phony.  It'll win you over.

No comments:

Post a Comment