Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Wait


Those who follow my blog know that I see a lot of new releases that premiere on Video on Demand.  I enjoy the thrill of the hunt.  Sometimes I find a gem!  And sometimes I waste money and time.  This one is in the latter category.

Jena Malone and Chloe Sevigny play sisters who have just lost their mother.  They are emotionally destroyed, but even before they give the body over they receive a phone call from a woman who implies their mother will return.  Sound intriguing?  It did to me.  (That's why I rented it!)  But it's terrible.  It's a complete mess, switching from one subplot of one family member to another, but not concluding or satisfying any of them in any way.  It's truly terrible filmmaking, saved only slightly by the quality of these two actresses.  The title is appropriate.  I waited for something interesting to happen.  It didn't.

'The Wait' is now available on Video on Demand.

Grade: D

Who is this movie for?  No one.  Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment