Sunday, May 25, 2014

Trust Me



These days, the best movies are often the ones you haven't heard of.  That's why I see a lot on Video on Demand and that's why I created this blog to begin with.  (And yes I'm aware that I ended both of those sentences with a preposition.  Whatev.)

Clark Gregg wrote, directed and stars as a former child actor turned agent.  In a sleazy and complex town like Hollywood, he knows what his clients need because he's been there.  And he does whatever it takes to protect them and get them what they deserve.  (Think of him as Jeremy Piven's Ari Gold but really sweet.)  And though he's been struggling to make ends meet, a new client (Saxon Sharbino) could turn all that around.  Gregg and Sharbino are truly spellbinding, and with an all-star cast of supporting players and a story that is constantly evolving and surprising, this is one gem definitely worth seeing.  I loved it when I saw it at TriBeCa a year ago and I just loved it all over again on VOD.

'Trust Me' is now available at home on Video on Demand.

Grade: A

Who is this movie for?  Everyone who is tired of the Hollywood Assembly Line pictures of comic book heroes, cartoons, and stale comedy.  This is quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment