Friday, June 6, 2014

Edge of Tomorrow


Unlike most of the gazillion other movie reviews you can find in newspapers, radio, TV, websites, and blogs, where the critics try and dazzle you with their fancy words and turns of phrase, my main concern here is simply directing you to the best movies and trying to do my best to ensure you get the same experience I do.  To that end, I often don't say much about plot, particularly for the movies where plot turns are a key part of the enjoyment.  I always preach to avoid trailers and spoilers of any kind to maximize your enjoyment (and yes, I know you all ignore me and continue to watch them.)  But I found this movie extremely entertaining, and not knowing even the basic premise made the first half way more fun.  All you need to know is that it's Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt fighting a war against invading aliens.  And it's great!  In fact, I'd say it's easily the best big budget film of the year so far!

Grade: A

Who is this movie for?  If you like good sci-fi action films, then go see it this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment