Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Coherence


I love thought provoking films.  I love original ideas and movies that make you think about life in a different way.  I love movies that focus on the science of science fiction (e.g. 'I Origins').  And 'Coherence' is all of that in spades.  It's quite frankly one of the best art house sci-fi films I've seen in quite some time.  It's 'Primer' meets 'Another Earth' but even better than both.  It's near perfection.  All that's missing from it is Brit Marling.  (Though quite fittingly there is a Brit Marling type (Emily Baldoni), and in a parallel universe I'm sure this same movie exists starring Marling herself.)  Cryptic review, I know.  Just see it!

'Coherence' is available right now on Video on Demand.

Grade: A

Who is this movie for?  Honestly, if you want to see a low budget, spooky art house sci-fi film that will blow your freakin' mind, then this is the one!

No comments:

Post a Comment