Friday, August 1, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy


I know many of you look forward all year to the latest Marvel Comic films, though I can't say I'm one of them.  Sure, some are better than others (and the last Captain America was really quite good) but in my opinion they're never exceptional.  And since I'm no longer on FOX, I don't feel the need to see all these big blockbuster films anymore.  Though I was curious about this one, as it seems like it's been a long time since Marvel started a new franchise that was completely unknown to me.  So on Tuesday night I trekked all the way out to King of Prussia, PA, put on my 3D glasses, and settled in amongst a packed theater of cheering uber-fans.  And overall the experience was decent, but unexceptional.  The cast is good.  The action is good.  The story is typical of most Marvel films.  But it's the comedy that sets this one apart.  It's up there with The Avengers as the two funniest Marvel Comic films.  (While Hulk stole the show in the former, Groot steals the movie in this one.)  But still, honestly, I'd rather be at home on my couch watching America's Got Talent.  Personal preference.

Grade: B

Who is this movie for?  Marvel Comic film fans won't be disappointed.  Personally I prefer the indie fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment