Friday, October 3, 2014

Annabelle


I wasn't a big fan of 'The Conjuring'.  I do have to give it props for having excellent set design and cinematography, and certainly it has its share of decent scares and a reasonably good cast.  But personally I think it's one of the most overrated horror movies in recent history.  So I went into this prequel/spinoff with fairly low expectations, and yet somehow it managed to come in significantly lower.  It is inferior to its predecessor in every way.  The cast is worse.  The story is worse.  The cinematography is worse.  And there are even fewer scares (though there are sporadic decent ones.)  While I will admit the audience seemed to be enjoying themselves, I was not.  At all.  It's just bad.

Grade: D

Who is this movie for?  Die-hard horror buffs who enjoy anything with cheap scares.

No comments:

Post a Comment