Friday, October 3, 2014

Gone Girl


It's October, awards season has unofficially begun, and David Fincher's much anticipated film starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike is upon us.  And after a pretty weak few months of wide releases, this was definitely at the top of my list of films to look forward to.  Now, I haven't read the book, so I can't really speak to it from that perspective, but I must say that I was underwhelmed, at least relative to my expectations.  It's good.  It's long (at 2 and a half hours.)  It's got a few twists that make the second half more interesting than the first, though some of them I saw coming.  And overall it's a fine film, but not award worthy in my opinion, and not even one of your best choices in theaters now.

Grade: B+

Who is this movie for?  Fans of twisty mysteries will be sufficiently entertained but not blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment