Saturday, December 27, 2014

Most Overlooked, Overrated, Underrated and Disappointing of 2014



Most Overlooked Films of 2014
Did anyone see these films besides me?  These were some of my greatest finds at film festivals or on Video on Demand.
  1. I Origins - My Grade: A+
  2. Rob the Mob - My Grade: A+
  3. 13 Sins - My Grade: A+
  4. Open Grave - My Grade: A
  5. Trust Me - My Grade: A
  6. Anna - My Grade: A
  7. The One I Love - My Grade: A
  8. Coherence - My Grade: A
  9. The Drop - My Grade: A
  10. One Chance - My Grade: A
  11. Poker Night - My Grade: A
  12. Lucky Them - My Grade: A
  13. The Heart Machine - My Grade: A
  14. The Immigrant - My Grade: A
  15. Comet - My Grade: A
  16. Cold in July - My Grade: A
  17. Blue Ruin - My Grade: A
  18. The Captive - My Grade: A
  19. Blood Ties - My Grade: A
  20. Rudderless - My Grade: A
  21. Jamesy Boy - My Grade: A
  22. Whitewash - My Grade: A

Most Overrated Films of 2014
Other critics may be raving about these films, but I sure don't get all the fuss.  Maybe I just need to see them again.  Or maybe other critics are wrong.
  1. The Theory of Everything - My Grade: D
  2. The Grand Budapest Hotel - My Grade: C
  3. Ida - My Grade: D-
  4. Virunga - My Grade: D-
  5. The Lego Movie - My Grade: B
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy - My Grade: B
  7. 22 Jump Street - My Grade: B-
  8. Top Five - My Grade: C
  9. Neighbors - My Grade: C+
  10. We Are the Best! - My Grade: D
  11. Mr. Turner - My Grade: D+
  12. Belle - My Grade: D+
  13. God Help the Girl - My Grade: D+
  14. Under the Skin - My Grade: C+
  15. Point and Shoot - My Grade: C-
  16. Love is Strange - My Grade: C-
  17. Only Lovers Left Alive - My Grade: C+
  18. Get on Up - My Grade: C+
  19. Locke - My Grade: C+
  20. Starred Up - My Grade: B
  21. Inherent Vice - My Grade: B

Most Underrated Films of 2014
These films may not have wowed other critics, but I think they deserve a lot more love.
  1. The Giver - My Grade: A
  2. Sabotage - My Grade: A
  3. The Hundred-Foot Journey - My Grade: A
  4. A Million Ways to Die in the West - My Grade: A
  5. Non-Stop - My Grade: A
  6. The Gambler - My Grade: A
  7. Men, Women & Children - My Grade: A
  8. Million Dollar Arm - My Grade: A
  9. Draft Day - My Grade: A
  10. 3 Days to Kill - My Grade: A
  11. Magic in the Moonlight - My Grade: A-
  12. Hector and the Search for Happiness - My Grade: A-

Most Disappointing Films of 2014
I was looking forward to these films, but they were significantly worse than my expectations.
  1. Before I Go to Sleep - My Grade: D+
  2. Transcendence - My Grade: C
  3. Godzilla - My Grade: C
  4. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - My Grade: C
  5. Exodus: Gods and Kings - My Grade: D
  6. The Theory of Everything - My Grade: D
  7. Inherent Vice - My Grade: B
  8. Murder of a Cat - My Grade: D
  9. Wish I Was Here - My Grade: B-
  10. A Night in Old Mexico - My Grade: D
  11. Cold Comes the Night - My Grade: C
  12. Legend of Hercules - My Grade: D
  13. Pompeii - My Grade: D+
  14. Top Five - My Grade: C
  15. Mood Indigo - My Grade: C
  16. And So it Goes - My Grade: C
  17. Fading Gigolo - My Grade: C+
  18. Gambit - My Grade: C+
  19. Hateship Loveship - My Grade: D+
  20. Happy Christmas - My Grade: C-
  21. Words and Pictures - My Grade: D
  22. November Man - My Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment