Friday, January 16, 2015

Match


Some movies just need to be seen on faith.  There's simply no way I can convey to you how good this movie is without you seeing it yourself.  I can tell you that, like a great play, it's completely dialogue driven and features virtually only three people in the entire film, Patrick Stewart, Carla Gugino, and Matthew Lillard, and yet it is enthralling.  I can tell you all three of them are absolutely brilliant.  Oscar worthy, if you ask me.  I can tell you that every minute of the brief 90 minute runtime is precious.  I can tell you that it's like having the best seat in the house at the finest Broadway play, but instead of travelling to Times Square you can watch it in the comfort of your own home on VOD.  But ultimately it's up to you to prioritize this movie this weekend rather than wasting your time at Woman in Black 2, Taken 3, or Blackhat.  It's your call.

Match is now in limited release in theaters and also available at home on Video on Demand.

Grade: A+

Who is this movie for?  Anyone who appreciates the finest of Broadway plays, with the finest actors, all at the tops of their games.  You may not agree with my A+, but if you like plays with both comedy and drama that blend superbly, you'll like this.  A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment