Friday, January 16, 2015

The Wedding Ringer


Let's be honest.  This movie has terrible written all over it.  A comedy about a loser who has no friends but somehow manages to get a hot chick to agree to marry him, so he hires a wedding ringer to play his best man and provide the rest of the groomsmen?  Cast with an ensemble of B and C-listers?  I would have bet hard cash that this would've sucked the big one.  And yet, I laughed.  A lot.  I'm not proud of it, mind you.  But this movie is funnier than it has any right to be. 

Grade: B+ (and maybe should be an A- ... but I can't really give this an A-, can I?)

Who is this movie for?  Anyone with a stupid sense of humor who enjoys stupid movies like Dumb and Dumber and wants to enjoy a lot of laughs this weekend.  It may be a guilty pleasure, but whatever because it was a pleasure nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment