Friday, February 27, 2015

Focus



Who loves a good con artist film?  I know I do.  Whether it be a classic like The Sting, a slick drama like David Mamet's House of Games, or a fun comedy like Dirty Rotten Scoundrels or Heartbreakers, I'm in.  And just like pizza and sex, even when they're not great, they're still pretty good.

Starring the always affable Will Smith and the extraordinarily stunning Margot Robbie (you know, the one who caught Leo's eye in The Wolf of Wall Street), Focus really entertains from start to finish. I know plenty of people who have issues with it, and honestly the first time I saw it I had some too.  Though I must have lost my own focus, because on my second viewing it really was a smooth, entertaining watch.


Grade: A

Who is this movie for?  Who doesn't love a good con artist film?  My suggestion is suspend your disbelief and just enjoy.  It may be unrealistic at times, but what movie isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment