Friday, February 13, 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service



This was one of the movies I was most looking forward to in 2015.  Why?  A film about a secret spy organization trying to stop an evil genius from destroying the world, with a cast that includes Colin Firth, Samuel Jackson, Michael Caine, and the always so cool Mark Strong?  Sign.  Me.  Up.  Though even more so, I looked forward to it because it's written and directed by Matthew Vaughn.  His directorial debut, Layer Cake, is one of my favorite movies.  And Kick-Ass, which he wrote and directed, is way up there too. 

Well, after having seen it twice now, I can tell you it's super cool, it's super clever, it's super original, it's super stylish, it's super fun, and I enjoyed it way more the second time around.  (I'm not sure why it didn't fully take my first time.)  It's James Bond meets Unbreakable and it's totally awesome.  Matthew Vaughn is one kick-ass kingsman.

Grade: A+

Who is this movie for?   Dig cool movies?  This is one super cool kick-ass movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment