Friday, March 27, 2015

It Follows


Last year this horror movie made the rounds at a variety of over 30 film festivals.  I caught it last September at Fantastic Fest in Austin, TX.  It was my 2nd favorite out of the 37 genre films I saw at that festival.  It was #5 on the list of films I told you to look out for in 2015.  And, as many other critics have also stated, it's simply one of the best horror films in recent history.  Many have already invoked comparisons to classic John Carpenter.  I'm admittedly not a Carpenter expert, but I enjoyed It Follows more than any Carpenter film I've seen.  And I will say no more except you should see it.  It's your best option in theaters now.

Grade: A

Who is this movie for?  It's a must see for any fan of horror movies.

2 comments:

  1. Brian, do you think this film has the potential to win an Oscar or 2015's best horror film?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not an Oscar. But it could definitely win any Best Horror categories, including the Critics Choice Movie Awards that I vote for!

      Delete