Friday, July 17, 2015

Hippocrates: Diary of a French Doctor


Not having been through medical school, I'm hardly qualified to say this, but I feel like few movies and TV shows really capture what it's like to be a doctor in training.  I always thoroughly enjoyed Scrubs, but part of its charm was often its broad comedy and unrealistic situations.  Well I would imagine this French film probably honestly captures the challenges young doctors face today.  The characters are really well fleshed out and this is one very compelling drama.  (But yes, you will have to read the subtitles.  It's worth it.)

Grade: A-

Who is this movie for?  Doctors in training will probably love it.  But I loved it and I'm not a doctor.  I just play one on TV.  (Oh no wait, I played a film critic on TV.)

No comments:

Post a Comment