Thursday, May 19, 2016

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising


I wasn't really a fan of Neighbors.  Too much Seth Rogen can be grating, and even a small amount of Zac Efron and Dave Franco is too much.  So I was not looking forward to this sequel, which basically looked like exactly the same movie.  And now that I've seen it, I can tell you it kind of is basically the same movie ... but a bit better.  It's hard to say why.  Maybe it's the subtle change from fraternity partying to sorority partying.  Or maybe it's because there's less of Dave Franco.  Or perhaps it was just my state of mind.  But for whatever reason, I found it to be an enjoyable, if unnecessary, comedy.  And sometimes even an ok comedy is just what the doctor ordered.

Grade: B

Who is this movie for?  Well, if you're looking for a great date comedy starring Rose Byrne in theaters now ... I highly recommend The Meddler.   But this one is decent and a better choice for a younger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment