Friday, June 10, 2016

The Conjuring 2


Back in 2013, The Conjuring, James Wan's latest horror, was very well received by audiences.  But it didn't stand out to me as much better than any of the many other haunted house / demonic possession movies.  To me, they're pretty much all the same.  Sure, it had decent production value and a fairly good cast.  But at the end of the day, it relies on cheap scares to entertain, rather than a smart script.  And I pretty much feel the same about The Conjuring 2.  It's well made but in my opinion it doesn't bring any pleasant surprises.

Grade: B

Who is this movie for?  Horror fans will be entertained.  But to me, you've seen one haunted house / demonic possession movie, you've seen 'em all.  And I expect more from the guy who gave us Saw.



No comments:

Post a Comment