Thursday, July 14, 2016

Life, Animated


A documentary about an autistic kid who becomes able to communicate thanks to his obsession with animated Disney films isn't really something that would be on my must see list.  But that brief description doesn't do this terrific movie justice.  I've been fortunate enough to see it twice already, once at Sundance and once in Nantucket, and both times it surprised me at just how great it is.  It's a total crowd pleaser, and both audiences really went nuts for it.  Owen, the autistic young man who's the focus of the film, is so undeniably likeable, you can't help but be won over.  And the same goes for his entire family.  I loved it even more the second time, and every time I think about it, it gets better.  It's sure to be a front-runner for Best Documentary at the Oscars this year.

Grade: A

Who is this movie for?  Everyone.  It's impossible not to like.

No comments:

Post a Comment