Friday, November 3, 2017

Jane

Jane Poster

I must say that a documentary about Jane Goodall wasn't at the top of my list of films to see.  But I was not just pleasantly surprised, I was overwhelmingly pleased.  With mostly archive footage from the 60's (that was apparently lost until now) this doc shows a young Jane Goodall trekking out into the jungles of Africa as the first person to be accepted amongst the chimpanzees so that she could study them in their natural habitat.  And the footage is truly amazing.  (It looks so good it's almost hard to believe.)

Grade: A

Who is this movie for?  Originally I suspected it would only be for lovers of Animal Planet and Planet Earth and all those nature shows.  I rarely watch that stuff, but I was captivated by this doc.  Go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment